Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Collins boosts bus serviceability
The changes to the manufacturer’s Type A buses are aimed at giving technicians improved access to several areas as they perform maintenance.
• Four-inch holes were added below the rear bulkhead to aid in accessing the evaporators.
• A schematic decal was added on the back of the electrical panel for easy troubleshooting.
• Wires were rerouted below instead of in the wall for rear lighting.
• Bigger access holes were added behind the warning lights.
• The DOD (double out door) panel can be removed for easy access to the motor.
• Wire covers unsnap for easy removal.
Collins also offers an optional battery/storage compartment. It has up to 7.2 cubic feet of storage and is capable of holding 120 pounds. Company officials said that the compartment offers flexible storage options for batteries, jumper cables and other safety equipment. Read more here.